Tuesday, 29 January 2008

New beginnings.

Today is a momentous day in our household. It is a day of beginnings and change.
We welcome both.
One new beginning is India's very first day at school....today. She has returned home in high spirits, happy and excited. It's a very good start. Not one sign of nerves shown the whole time. Not that I thought she wouldn't like it, I knew she would love it. She is so very ready for some full time activities of the schooling type. Plus just being around people she can play with is always something she rates highly. As for me. I went ok too. A bit daunted when I turned up and realised the Prep teacher was wearing Stilettos! Yes, stilettos. Don't ask me how she does it, teetering around a buzzing running twitching bunch of 5 yo girls in those heels. But she did.
But Esta and I survived the day too. Though I'm sure Esta misses her big sister when she is away. I think it is the only time she hears the sound of quiet.

Another new beginning is this very blog. I have bitten the bullet and finally put one together. I have joined the space age yet again. Hopefully I will attend to this more frequently than my facebook page. I aim to have a few tidbits, bits and pieces, smidgins of info about out life and probably plenty of meandering wandering thoughts about who knows what.
Well that is about all for now as the ferals are frothing around my feet and are likely to turn off the computer.
Oh, did I say ferals....I meant beautiful baby butterflies of mine.
xx

4 comments:

Sharon Larmour said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogs Ruth. It will be a nice way to record some day to day life happenings and of course share your scrapping!

I'll be popping in regularly so I'm expecting BIG things from you.

Love to you and the girls xx
Sharon xx

jan said...

Woohoo, welcome to the blog world :)
I knew we would tempt you here eventually.
I look forward to reading your tidbits, bits & pieces, smidgens of info and meandering thoughts!!
Glad to hear India's first day was a success too.
janxx

Kathryn Woods said...

How perfect. I'm so glad Indi had a great first ever day at school. So glad you've got a blog too. There are lots of nervous butterflies here about tomorrow. Have fun. xxxx

dizimisslizi said...

Hey congratulations to India for her first day at school!! I bet she is going to love it and thrive!! Esta's hair looks red!! We just got back from trip to London/Brighton for the weekend! First one in four years! Unfortunately not feeling 100% but is was great to have a quick glimpse of the wonderful but freezing old london town again! muchos besos to you all and give Indi a big congrats hug from us! XXXX