Monday, 1 March 2010

Part 2.

India has been remarkably well, as always has the energy and movement of an atom on speed, and can't be still for a second.

Since we ripped out our whole backyard and re-landscaped, her health has greatly improved. There was obviously something she was quite allergic to back there. She's enjoying Grade 2 and has a lovely teacher this year that seems quite conscientious and willing to get to know her students. Indi's not involved in many other activities as yet but we'll look into joining some groups a little later to harness some of her energy.

She's reading well and loves to email. If you receive one by her, know it's a work of love. Even if it is only one sentence. She puts a fair bit of time and thought into it. It's really hard to climb the wall, do a triple somersault and stand on your head when you are typing with one finger, so it takes her a bit of time.


India's taken an interest in love lately...or should I say "lurrve''. She's never really been interested in lovey dovey stuff before, despite being in school with girls who talk princesses and princes, boyfriends and such things. But she read Esta's library book the other day "Where Willy went" to Esta, it had them in hysterics. lol.

At the library, I thought Willy was a Worm. Turns out Willy is a Sperm! And I don't need to tell you where Willy went, do I? Ask India if you want to know. I think she is now the most well informed 7yo in town, which I don't thinks is entirely a bad thing considering some of the things she's come home and told me about discussions at school. (No, Indi, you don't get pregnant by kissing any male appendage, and I'm pretty sure that it wasn't on the news even if N says that is was.)

True to Indi form we've had to have long discussions about it all. Not something new, as we've done that all before due to her endless questions when I was pregnant with Esta. But this time she wanted more physical, graphic detail of the male/female coupling. Of course, we discussed this rather maturely and matter-of-fact, with only the odd gross out noise from India, while I'm keeping a straight face but laughing hysterically on the inside (thank you nursing experience) and MM is hiding in the other room going red in the face with embarrassment. It's not so much that she wants to know this stuff; it's her intense and direct questions that reach beyond her age and can be rather difficult to answer without a full degree in whatever the topic is at the time.

Anyway, NOW she wants to go to a Co-Ed school.
So she can fall in love!





1 comment:

Danielle said...

It's so lovely to read your update Ruth. It sounds like the girls are doing so well and they are gorgeous as always.

How are you doing?