I think there is. There has to be.
Anyone who knew my bro Paul as a kid will know what I am talking about. I mean, he actually went and volunteered to Mum and Dad that he had been playing with and therefore dropped and unrepairingly dinted the pewter beer mugs they'd been given as a wedding present. Rather than hiding them under a couch, which would have been the less painful and life threatening option.
Liz and I may have had a teensy weensy tiny little bit to do with that, though. Only a little. Well, mainly Liz.
We might have said something about how it would be better to be honest and own up and all that foofala (i don't think we were thinking straight that day,we may have been hit earlier with a spray from his terrible Fart Gas can, not sure, memory vague). But like a true fearless soul, he went and told Mum and Dad. The fallout was awesome. My theory is that he just would not have done that if he wasn't a carrier of the Gene.
MM is also a carrier, though he feels the pain, so slightly different in it's presentation. I mean, he FEEEEEELLLLS the pain. But he would still clamber up the side of K2 like a sherpa bred mountain goat given half the chance.
I'm a fairly huge fan of adrenaline myself. Though I lack the kamikaze-spider-killing part of it......and thank goodness for that!
This all leads me to believe that it must be a DNA link. India sure has it, and has had enough injuries to show that she is taking well and truly after her Daddy. And take a look at these pictures below. It seems our little Esta is now showing the same tendencies. Think of these photos as the very tame ones. Other acts warrant a scream and a faster-than-a-speeding-bullet action rather than a reach for a camera, so no photographic evidence beyond the 'tame' acts of adventure.
This all leads me to believe that it must be a DNA link. India sure has it, and has had enough injuries to show that she is taking well and truly after her Daddy. And take a look at these pictures below. It seems our little Esta is now showing the same tendencies. Think of these photos as the very tame ones. Other acts warrant a scream and a faster-than-a-speeding-bullet action rather than a reach for a camera, so no photographic evidence beyond the 'tame' acts of adventure.

2 comments:
but she's a cute little dare devil :P
Ruth can we see pictures of your kitchen, I need idas and like your colour scheme.
Ahh fun times ahead Ruth! Agree with Dani though, very cute dare devil :)
Post a Comment