Wednesday, 2 July 2008

July 2nd...some scrap talk.

This is a slightly belated post. I went to a Scrapbooking Expo here last month with my friend Jan. It was excellent. I actually attended classes which is new for me. Something I've only done once before and I was so unwell with IVF medications at the time it barely registered in my head. But this expo was great, I managed to have classes with some people who's work I've admired for some time. The above layout is from one of the classes using the beautiful MM Noteworthy range. I also attempted a paper quilting effort under the guidance of Loretta Grayson, that however is not quite finished and really not quite worthy of showing. I kid you not. It has sewing on it. Alot. That about says it all doesn't it? ut the class was fabulous despite my dubious sewing skills. Anyway, the original, from Loretta is, of course, stunning. So we shall pretend that mine looks like Loretta's which is this :)

I also did a class with Rachel Richter, and learnt some photoshop techniques, basic but very very effective. I'm keen to put them into practice once I sort out the horror that is my desktop computer at present. Hopefully that will be this century before desktop computers become some very vague memory of the past.


No comments: