Monday, 11 August 2008

It's August...

how can i tell?
i get a static shock everytime I touch something,
my hair is limp, except when it stands on end,
my hands look twenty years older and feel like sandpaper,
everywhere I turn there is snot...and it isn't mine,
india's legs are blue as she refuses to wear socks,
Esta's tiny frozen hands cling to me all day long,
Mark actually complains about going running,
i'm in my jammies at 5pm in a desperate attempt to get warm,
everywhere I turn there is snot...and it isn't mine,
I can get throught the day and realise I haven't had a drink of water,
I don't want to move and i yearn for a dark corner and a doona,
the tea cannister empties quicker than usual,
and everywhere i turn there is snot....and this time it is mine.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I know August..how is it possiable!!

I hope the snot disapears soon and the sun comes out to play, really really soon xxx

Sharon Larmour said...

You poor thing. I SO get where you're coming from, especially with the snot reference.

Does it make you feel better knowing that it's much much more miserable where I am? We actually had snow 1km away on sunday morning.

Sending you some sunshine vibes xx

jan said...

Snot here too! and lots and lots of static electricity. Ella's hair is flying all over the place from it, lol.