I 'm going to talk about spring. And how it is just around the corner.
As I sit here freezing, looking out the kitchen window at the cold westerlies blow the jacaranda around in the frosty dark, I'm thinking about how beautiful that jacaranda is going to look in just a few weeks.
Big beautiful and purple.
The weed infested patchy lawn is going to be carpeted with a soft purple blanket and the whole back garden will be saturated in colour.
India is going to play outside and do acrobatics on the swing, instead of inside on the lounge.
Esta will scurry around collecting twigs and flowers instead of emptying every utensil from the kitchen drawers.
I won't have to have a warm shower and don the jimmyjams at 4pm everyday to keep the frostbite at bay. I can go for a lovely brisk walk at dusk knowing I can feel my feet every step of the way.
We can have the doors wide open to catch the gentle breeze saturated with the scent of blossoms and barbequed sausages. We can watch the spring fireworks from the deck.
It will be bliss!! I can't wait.
As for now. I must go and defrost my feet. I've left my warming up shower too late today.

2 comments:
Oh yes bring on Spring!!!
It has been freezing this year, I'm really noticing it for the first time.
Love thoe beautiful balmy spring days :)
How can you be complaining about the cold when you live in Brisbane? You need to come down here Girl and experience cold properly.
Your Jacaranda tree sounds divine.
Post a Comment