Tuesday, 9 December 2008

Time confused me today. It took me ages to get the girls to their respective care centres this morning despite leaving slightly earlier than usual. I didn't get home until almost 10am. About 40 minutes more than it usually takes me. Not sure where I lost that time. Perhaps I snoozed at a red light a little longer than I should have? Though with two kids in the car and Pink blaring on the stereo I'm not sure how that would have happened.

Maybe I was moving in slow motion. That's how I felt this morning.

Perhaps that's really what I was doing. But I didn't notice any strange concerned stares from anyone and I'm sure India would have cacked herself laughing if it was so. No, maybe for once I was just going at a normal casual pace, but it just felt like slow motion as I'm usually rushing rushing rushing to fit everything into the day.

So the day passed, and I seem to be able to move up a notch from slo-mo as I managed to achieve a few things today. Like cooking the family a decent meal. Well, rather than a decent meal, lets call it a nutritious meal. And to add to the strangeness of the day, we are currently in witching hour and the girls are playing happily together....what the? They've been at it for about 15 minutes now! It's gorgeous to watch. Not sure what brought that on at this time of day, we are all usually too tired and tetchy to play. Last night was less troublesome sleepwise, although they were still disturbed, they were settled between 1-5am so perhaps that little extra sleep has helped? Anyway it is still witching hour, so I better sign off and start getting sorted on the witching hour chores.

No comments: