Wednesday, 4 June 2008

Time Time Time, what has become of it?

I know it isn't just me. This year seems to be hell full of chaos, and rushing, and struggle and action and events and weariness. Some good, some bad, but all crashing one after another into each other. More so than usual. It's like someone sped the world up, spinning faster and faster on it's axis, and forgot to tell us. Is it astrological? Is it a sign of the times? Or is the world really spinning faster, some kind of insidious unexpected effect of global warming?

Is there anyone out there who doesn't feel like they are running around in their life like a chook with it's head cut off? Who out there has time to stop and smell the roses? Head up for longer than a quick breath and back to it? Waving not drowning? Drowning not waving?

You, whoever you are, what is your secret to slowing the pace of your life.
Please share.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Totally feel the same way. I would really like to find the pause button and just slow down the pace for a while

Dani said...

I hear you! For me, the key is to fit in something for me every day. It doesn't have to be big, infact most days it's jst a quick walk around the block with kids and dog or 10 minutes in the vegie patch. But it's mine and it's something that a/ I enjoy and b/ feels good to have gotten done.

Sharon Larmour said...

Gosh Ruth, I could easily have written this post myself. I wrote something similar on my blog this week too, about juggling. Sheesh it's hard to keep up sometimes.

Anita said...

Oh yes, the story of our lives isn't it? It is comforting to know we are all in the same boat xx